St. Edward CCW
President - Jan Bot -
Secretary - Caren Buysse
Treasurer - Juanita Bot - 872-6545
- St. Edward Council of Catholic Women (CCW) will hold a meeting on Monday, January 14th at 7 pm in the Knights Hall. A presentation on "Seven Sisters Apostolate", a program of committed women praying for our priests, will be given first followed by our business meeting. You can learn more about Seven Sisters Apostolate at sevensistersapostolate.org. Please join us! Any questions can be directed to Jan Bot, CCW president at 401-1167.
- Little Dresses for Africa
Ladies will again be sewing Little Dresses for Africa. I have a good supply of fabric, trim and lace, and patterns. Please call me to obtain the supplies you need- 872-6696.
Sewers from Minneota, Ghent, and Wilno sewed 155 dresses in 2018.
Little Dresses will be due to me by April 14, 2019. For more information, or to obtain supplies, please call me @ 872- 6696. Thanks for your help with this project.
CCW Legislative Committee: Congress is working to schedule a vote on a ill that will end tax payer funding for Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood opposes this legislation claiming that they provide needed services.
1. There are 9000 plus health care centers where low income women can receive care apart from Planned Parenthood
2. Planned parenthood performs 175 abortions for every adoption referral
3. Planned Parenthood afiliates agreed to a $4 million dollar settlement for Medicare fraud
HEARTLAND GIRLS RANCH
Spring and Summer Items needed:
- -croquet sets, Frisbees, bocci ball, soccer balls, outside dice games etc.
*They are looking for outdoor games that encourage exercise. Any other games for outside play is greatly appreciated. Monetary donations are also welcome.
NEW miscellaneous items needed:
--Ladies summer T- shirts. (small, medium, large), Socks, Tennis shoes, sandals, Caps, sun hats, or visors, Sunscreen, Chapstick or lip-gloss, make up, female hygiene supplies, Sun glasses, scrap book supplies
There is a collection tub in the back of the church for these items. Thank you in advance for your generosity.